make a submission by email:
About the Journal
Founded in the year 1921.
The position of editor in chief throughout its history was holded by famous surgeons: professors S. P. Fedorov, Ya. O. Halpern, I. I. Kalchenko, member of National Academy of Sciences O. O. Shalimov, correspondent member of National Academy of Sciences V. F. Saienko, correspondent member of National Academy of Sciences M. Yu. Nichitailo. Current editor in Chief is correspondent member of National Academy of Medical Sciences O. Yu. Usenko (from January 2015).
Journal “Klinichna Khirurgiia” is one of the most important souses of up-to-date information about current surgical issues. All publications in the journal are thoroughly reviewed by leading specialists. The journal submits articles of scientific and practical importance for wide circle of surgeons and related specialists. We publish the proceedings of national and international medical conferences as well as original studies.
The authors’ names and the article titles have been indexed by international scientific databases - Scopus, EBSCOhost, Google Scholar etc, which increases the writer’s citation index – a marker of the scientific activity.
The journal is included in the State Accreditation Committee list of issues recommended for publication of articles containing dissertation materials.
Focus and Scope
“Klinichna Khirurgiia” journal publishes reviewed original articles, results of the experimental studies, literature reviews of different aspects of surgery and allied specialities.
- General Problems of Surgery
- Oncology (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Burns (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Problems of Transfusiology (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Pediatric Surgery (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Neurosurgery (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Ortopedics and Traumatology (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Surgical Endocrinology (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Urology and Nephrology (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Surgery of Heart and Vessels (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Experimental Investigations (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Discussions (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Organization of Surgical Service (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Rehabilitation of Surgical Patients (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Problems of the Surgeons Training (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Problems of Medical Deontology (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Legal Problems of Surgery (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Reviews (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Error and Hazards in Surgery (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Rational Proposals and Innovations (Open Submissions, Checked Indexed, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Brief Communications (Open Submissions, Checked Peer Reviewed)
- Book Reviews (Open Submissions)
- Jubilees (Open Submissions)
- History of Surgery (Open Submissions)
- Memorable Dates (Open Submissions)
- Obituary (Open Submissions)
- Information (Open Submissions)
All manuscript submitted for publication undergo two-level reviewing: external and internal.
First the submitted articles are reviewed by editorial board in order to check their compliance with the topic and requirements of the journal. It must not take longer than one week.
After the editor’s conclusion at least two external experts review the article using double-blind method – author and experts do not know each other.
In special cases the article may be reviewed additionally (including statistical and methodological verification).
The editorial board of the journal constantly evaluates reviewing quality using the Ukrainian version of the survey Review Quality Instrument (Version 3.2), van Rooyen S., Black N., Godlee F.J Clin Epidemiol 1999;52:625—629.
Submission and publication procedure:
1. Author (authors) send the material for publication via email. It may be accepted for the reviewing by editors only if it is in compliance with their current requirements.
2. Editorial board sends an article for reviewing.
3. According to the results of reviewing the article may be:
- a) accepted for publication;
- b) returned to the author(s) in order to make corrections if the reviewers require that;
- c) rejected as non-complying with the requirements (the reasons must be indicated in a send-off notice).
4. The article is accepted for publication only after definite agreement with the authors about all the issues about final contents as well as repeated reviewing if the article required additional changes.
5. The editorial board decides upon the inclusion of the article into the neares issue.
6. The article is submitted for publication.
The journal is an open sourse, it submits and publishes materials in accordance with the editorial policy in compliance with current requirements of regulatory acts of Ukraine.
All the claims, arbitration notes and questions should be sent via email or to the postal address.
Open Access Policy
The journal implies the policy of immediate open access to the published contents, supporting the principles of free distribution of scientific information and global knowledge exchange in order to support general social progress.
The journal uses LOCKSS system for separate archiving of the data in various libraries and informational centres. Libraries participants of LOCKSS project ensure long-term retaining of the journal archive and automatic restoration of altered information. Read more...
Transliteration of the Cyrillic script (Ukrainian language) to Latinic
Resolution of Ministry Cabinet of Ukraine from 27 January 2010 N.55 «About arrangement of transliteration of the Cyrillic script into Latinic» approves official transliteratoion of Ukrainian alphabet to the Latinic. It regulates the existing rules of transliteration of the first and last names of Ukrainian citizens in the external passports.
Transliteration of the Cyrillic script (Russian language) to Latinic
On this site you can use for free the program of transliteration of Russian text into Latinic according to the Rules of transliteration of the State Department of the USA.
Ethics of publications
“Klinichna khirurgiia” journal is on the view that ethicas aspects of publication are an important part of the editorial work and of the reviewing process. Prevention of inappropriate activities, such as dissimulation, plagiarism, has been a responsibility of any author, editor, reviewer, publisher and institution that take part in a publication process.
The content has been reviewed by editorial board members and/or independent experts on the basis of objectivity and high international standards of quality, and have been edited.
Editors reserve the right of stylistic correction. We accord with the author the corrections that may, in our opinion, change the meaning of the text.
Editorial board reserves the right to reject the articles that do not correspond with the requirements and the topics of the journal.
The reflections and suggestions outspoken in the articles do not necessarily coincide with the editors’ point of view. Authors carry full responsibility for accuracy of information given in the articles, as well as the accuracy of the names, statistical data and quotes.
Editors reserve the right of insignificant literature correction and reduction of the texts maintaining the writing style of the author(s).
Submitted materials have not been returned and cannot be printed in other scientific journals.
In the cases of plagiarism revealed the authors carry full responsibility.
Public Offer Agreement
- Subject of Agreement
1.1. This agreement is a Public Offer Agreement. If the Licensor (author) submits to the Licensee (“Klinichna Khirurgiia” editorial office) an article for publication in any available mode (e.g. manuscript/printed version/electronic version), he automatically accepts the terms of this Agreement.
1.2. According to this Agreement the Licensor gives to the Licensee exclusive copyright for his piece of work within the time limits of Agreement.
1.3. Copyright transaction from Licensor to Licensee corresponds to the international licensing standard Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows the third party to distribute this work with mandatory reference to the authors of original publication and to the original publication in this journal.
1.4. The Licensor ensures that he possesses the exclusive copyright for the paperwork submitted to the Licensee.
- Rights and obligations of the parties
2.1. The Licensor gives to the Licensee the rights listed hereafter for a term of 10 years:
2.1.1. Right of reproduction of the paperwork (publication, proclamation, translation, replication or any other distribution). Every copy must contain the author’s name;
2.1.2. Right to distribute the paperwork in any way;
2.1.3. Right to processing the paperwork (creation on its basis of the new independent paperwork) and right to make changes to the paperwork that cannot be classified as processing;
2.1.4. Right to the public use and demonstration of the work with informational, advertising and other goals;
2.1.5. Right of promulgation;
2.1.6. Right to transfer completely or partially the rights received in accordance to this Agreement to the third parties without paying the reimbursement to the Licencor, as well as the right of translation to foreign languages and publication in foreign journals.
2.2. The Licensor holds the right to make other contract agreements regarding non-exclusive distribution of the article (placing it in the Institution archive, publication in a book) keeping the reference to its original publication in this journal.
2.3. The Licensor holds the right to place the submitted paperwork in the Internet (e.g., institutional archive or personal website) before and during its reviewing by the editorial board of the journal, as it enhances the discussion and increases the quantity of references to the paperwork (search The Effect of Open Access).
2.4. The Licensor ensures that the paperwork upon which the rights are transferred to the Licensee is an original paperwork.
2.5. The Licensor ensures that the paperwork have never been officially submitted to anyone for distribution or other use. If the paperwork was previously published, the Licensor must inform the Licensee.
2.6. The Licensor gives the right to the licensee according to this Agreement on the basis of non-exclusive license.
2.7. The Licensee obliges to respect all the copyright rights foreseen by the law, the rights of the Licensor, to defend them and to prevent their infringement by the third parties.
2.8. The territory of expansion of the rights to the paperwork is not limited.
- Liability of the parties:
3.1. The Licensor and the Licensee according to the current Ukrainian regulations carry the material and other legal responsibility for non-compliance with their duties according to this Agreement.
3.2. The contracting party who did not comply with the Agreement is responsible for indemnification, including the lost profit.
- Finish points
4.1. All the disputes between the parties are resolved by negotiations and correspondence and in case of failure are solved by the court proceedings according to the Ukrainian legislation.
4.2. Dissolution of this Agreement is possible at any time upon astipulation with mandatory signing of a new agreement about this.
4.3. Dissolution of this Agreement on a unilateral basis is possible in the situtations foreseen by current legislation or according to the court decision
4.4. Every issue not foreseen in this Agreement is judged upon current legislation of Ukraine.
Counteraction to plagiarism
The editorial board informs the authors that they carry personal responsibility for the authenticity of the contents of the articles. In order to avoid incorrect importation or use of the results of the third parties we request that the authors compile with the ethical rules of scientific quotation.
In order to counteract to plagiarism the editorial board takes the following steps:
- Upon the decision of the responsible editor the article may be checked using the computer program for the linguistic borrowing from the third parties’ paperworks without reference;
- The reviewer during the reiew of the article gives his conclusion about presence or absence of plagiarism in the article.
In case of revelation of plagiarism during the processing of the article, the article is returned to the author.