Sleeve gastrectomy in the treatment of obesity
We analyzed the early and long–term results of the surgical treatment of 117 patients with obesity who underwent sleeve gastrectomy, including laparoscopy in 59 patients (50.4%), upper midline laparotomy – in 58 (49.6%).
2. World Health Organization (WHO), Fact Sheet No.311 (updated March 2013) [Internet]. Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/. Accessed April 2013.
3. World Health Organization (WHO) [Internet]. Available from: http://www.who.int/topics/obesity
4. Buchwald H. Consensus conference statement. Bariatric surgery for morbid obesity: Health implications for patients, health professionals, and third–party payers. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2005;1:371–81.
5. Fobi MA, Lee H, Felahy B, et al. Choosing an op¬eration for weight control, and the transected banded gastric bypass. Obes Surg. 2005;15(1):114–21.
6. Buchwald H. Bariatric surgery for morbid obesity: health implications for patients,health professionals, and third–party payers. J Am Coll Surg. 2005;200:593–604.
7. Angrisani L, Santonicola A, Iovino P, Formisano G, Buchwald H, Scopinaro N. Bariatric Surgery Worldwide. 2013. Obes Surg. 2015;25(10):1822−32.