Options of the treatment tactics choice in patients with nodular goiter according to the results of fine needle aspiration punctured biopsy and the dynamics of calcitonin and thyroglobulin level
Current study is an attempt to objectivise surgical strategy in patients with nodular goiter based on the data of sonographic study, fine needle aspiration punctured biopsy (FNAPB) and thyroglobulin and calcitonin level measurement. In our opinion, the surgery should be performed in case of irregular echostructure and inhomogenic structure of the node, poorly visualized thyroid gland capsule, calcinates together with questionable results of FNAPB, when the level of thyroglobulin and calcitonin are torpid and resistant to conservative treatment.
2. Hu S, Zhang G, Xu J, et al. Disparity expression of gammaH2AX in papillary thyroid cancer and nodular goiter. Clin Lab. 2014;60(12):2031-7.
3. Yu L, Ma L, Tu Q, et al. Clinical significance of BRAF V600E mutation in 154 patients with thyroid nodules. Oncol Lett. 2015;9(6):2633-8.
4. Janczak D, Pawlowski W, Dorobisz T, et al. An evaluation of the diagnostic efficacy of fine needle aspiration biopsy in patients operated for a thyroid nodular goiter. Onco Targets Ther. 2016;9:5819-23.
5. Dinets AV, Fomin PD, Hulchii MV, ta in. Kliniko-morfolohichni osoblyvosti papiliarnoi mikrokartsynomy shchytopodibnoi zalozy na foni khvoroby Hreivsa. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys. 2012;(3):136-8. [In Ukrainian].
6. d'Herbomez M, Lion G, Béron A, et al. Advances in thyroglobulin assays and their impact on the management of differentiated thyroid cancers. Ann Biol Clin. 2016;74(1):21-7.
7. Kaczka K, Mikosiński S, Fendler W, et al. Calcitonin and procalcitonin in patients with medullary thyroid cancer or bacterial infection. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2012 Mar-Apr;21(2):169-78.