Pulmonary dissemination syndrome: diagnostic mistakes
The objective of the study was the analysis of wrong diagnoses when conservative treatment was prescribed without histological verification in patients with intrathoracic lymphadenopathy. The rate of clinical and histological diagnosis mismatch compiled 58.6%. The most frequent diagnosis was pulmonary sarcoidosis (70.7% of patients).
2. Ilkovich MM. Disseminirovannye zabolevaniya legkikh. Moskva;GEOTAR–Media, 2011. 480 s. [In Russian].
3. Feshchenko YuI. Khvoroby respiratornoi systemy. Kyiv, Lviv,2008. 495 s. [In Ukrainian].
4. Blackhall V. The role of surgical lung biopsy in the management of interstitial lung disease: experience from a single institution in the UK. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2013;17(2):253–7.
5. Navaratnam V. The rising incidence of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in the UK. Thorax. 2011;66(6):462–7.
6. Shim HS. Histopathologic findings of transbronchial biopsy in usual interstitial pneumonia. Pathol Int. 2010;60(5):373–7.
7. Xaubet А. Report on the incidence of interstitial lung diseases in Spain. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2004;21(1):64–70.