The results of surgical treatment using spondilodesis on the cervical spine level
Surgical treatment of patients for hernia of intervertebral disk (HIVD) of the cervical spine is the optimal and most efficient method. Autotransplantat from iliac crest during HIVD surgery provides high efficiency and low disability. We analyzed the results of surgical treatment of 50 patients with HIVD from the year 2009 to 2015. As a result of decompression and interbody stabilization the volume of vertebral channel and the height of the intervertebral disc were restored. Complete or significant regression of neurological symptoms was achieved within 3–4 days post–operation. The bone block of the operated segment was formed on the average of 7 months. No purulent–inflammatory complications were registered.
2. Kirilova IA, Fomichev NG, Podorozhnaya VT, i dr. Novye vidy materialov dlya kostnoj plastiki v svete sovremennyh predstavlenij o kostnyh transplantatah. Hirurgiya pozvonochnika. 2010;(2):66–70. [In Russian].
3. Brunon J, Fuentes M, Azan F, et al. Anterior and anterolateral surgery of the lower cervical spine (25 years after H. Verbiest). I: Technical bases. Neurochirurgie. 2006;42(2):105–22.
4. Neretin VYa, Kiryakov VA, Slobodina AB. Sochetannoe porazhenie shejnogo otdela spinnogo mozga zadnej gryzhej diska. Zhurnal nevropatologii i psihiatrii. 2006;(6):80–3. [In Russian].
5. Caspar W. Advances in cervical spine surgery: New surgical instrumentation for anterior interbody stabilization. Orthop News. 2009;4:7–8.
6. Walker A, Ferlic D. The results of anterior interbody fusion of the cervical spine. J Bone Joint Surg. 1958;39:345–60.
7. Walters W, Levinthal R. Anterior cervical discectomy with and without flision. Spine. 1994;19(20):2343–47.