ТАCTICS OF SURGICAL TREATMENT OF THE PATIENTS, SUFFERING MULTIPLE HERNIAS OF INTERVERTEBRAL DISCS OF CERVICAL VERTEBRAL COLUMN
Objective. Improvement of the surgical treatment results in patients, suffering multiple hernias of intervertebral discs of cervical vertebral column.
Маterials and methods. Results of surgical treatment of 65 patients were analyzed, including 27 (41.5%) women, 38 (58.5%) men, ageing (50 ± 0.56) yrs at average, and the disease duration 1-3 yrs mainly.
Results. All the patients were activated in immediate 24 h after operative intervention. Complications, the pain syndrome recurrence, progression of neurological symptoms were not noted postoperatively.
Discussion. The positive results obtained witnesses efficacy of the applied methods of surgical treatment.
1. Standard microdiscectomy, using anterior access in combination with a puncture laser microdiscectomy or fenestration, performed in the patients, suffering multiple hernias of intervertebral discs of cervical vertebral column, permits:
- to eliminate a discogenic compression;
- to minimize surgical trauma;
- to reduce the postoperative rehabilitation duration.
2. Соmbination of the surgical treatment methods have permitted to warnfurther development of hernias in adjacent level of vertebro-motor segment.
2. Iyer S, Kim HJ. Cervical radiculopathy. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2016;9(3):272-80. doi:10.1007/s12178-016-9349-4. PMID:27250042.
3. Vereshhagin NV, Bragina LK, Blagoveshhenskaja NS, i dr. Spravochnik po nevrologiі. 3-e izdanie. Moskva: Medicina, 1989. [In Russian].
4. Smith GW, Robinson RA. The treatment of certain cervical spine disorders by anterior removal of the intervertebral disc and interbody fusion. J Bone Joint Surg. 1958;40:607-24. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5400196/
5. Bailey RW, Badgley СЕ. Stabilization of the cervical spine by anterior fusion. J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1960;42(A):565-94. PMID:13848906.
6. Dohrmann GJ, Hsieh JC. Long-term results of anterior versus posterior operations for herniated cervical discs: analysis of 6,000 patients. Med Princ Pract. 2014;23(1):70-3. Available from: www.karger.com/Article/FullText/351887
7. Daglı M, Er U, Simşek S, Bavbek M. Late results of anterior сervical discectomy and fusion with interbody cages. Asian Spine J. 2013;7(1):34-8. doi:10.4184/asj.2013.7.1.34.PMID:23508467.
8. Choy DS, Ngeas S. Percutaneous laser disc decompression in spinal stenosis. S Clin Laser Med Surg. 1998. Apr: 16(2):123-5.