Possibilities of surgical treatment of pulmonary aspergillosis
Objective. To share own experience of surgical treatment of pulmonary aspergillosis.
Маterials and methods. Through last 10 years in the clinic 14 patients, suffering pulmonary aspergillosis, were treated. In 11 (78.6%) patients pulmonary aspergillosis was diagnosed, and in 3 (21.4%) - іnvasive aspergillosis after performance of pulmonary biopsy. Resection interventions were done in 8 (57.1%) patients, suffering aspergilloma. In 3 (21.4%) patients, in whom significant respiratory disorders existed, the operation was contraindicated. Average age of the patients have constituted (42.6 ± 15.7) years old. All the patients received specific antifungal therapy before and after the operation
Results. There were performed following operative interventions: 3 (37.5%) pleuropulmonectomies, 4 (50.0%) lobectomies, 1 (12.5%) typical resection of pyramid and right-sided S3а. In 1 (12.5%) woman patient intrapleural thoracoplasty was performed. Average duration of the operation was (235.6 ± 77.6) min, average intraoperative blood loss - (314 ± 331.9) ml.
Conclusion. Surgical treatment of pulmonary aspergillosis constitutes a complex task and has many unsolved issues. Systematization of own experience and experience of other investigations reported, permits to improve the treatment results.
2. Demir A, Gunluoglu MZ, Turna A, Kara HV, Dincer SI. Analysis of surgical treatment for pulmonary aspergilloma. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2006 Oct;14(5):407-11.
3. Kawamura S, Maesaki S, Tomono K, Tashiro T, Kohno S. Clinical evaluation of 61patients with pulmonary aspergilloma. Intern Med. 2000 Mar;39(3):209-12.
4. Kravec VA, Gavrisjuk IV. Aspergillez legkih: klinicheskie formy, diagnostika, lechenie. Ukrainskij pul'monologicheskij zhurnal. 2015. Dec; 4:69-74. [In Russian]
5. Aydoğdu K, İncekara F, Şahin MF, Gülhan SŞ, Findik G, Taştepe İ, et al. Surgical management of pulmonary aspergilloma: clinical experience with 77 cases. Turk J Med Sci. 2015;45(2):431-7.
6. Al-Alawi A, Ryan CF, Flint JD, Müller NL. Aspergillus-related lung disease. Can Respir J. 2005 Oct;12(7):377-87.
7. El Hammoumi MM, Slaoui O, El Oueriachi F, Kabiri el H. Lung resection in pulmonary aspergilloma: experience of a Moroccan center. BMC Surg. 2015 Oct 16;15:114.
8. Sagan D, Goździuk K, Korobowicz E. Predictive and prognostic value of preoperative symptoms in the surgical treatment of pulmonary aspergilloma. J Surg Res. 2010 Oct;163(2):e35-43. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2010.06.039.
9. Maschan AA, Klasova GA, Veselov AV. Lechenie aspergilleza: obzor rekomendacij amerikanskogo obshhestva po infekcionnіm boleznjam. Klinicheskaja mikrobiologija i antimikrobnaja himioterapija. 2008. Jun; 10(2):133-70. [In Russian]
10. Correia Sda S, Pinto C, Bernardo J. Pulmonary aspergilloma surgery: a mono-institutional experience. Acta Med Port. 2014 Jul-Aug;27(4):417-21.
11. Mohapatra B, Sivakumar P, Bhattacharya S, Dutta S. Surgical treatment of pulmonary aspergillosis: A single center experience. Lung India. 2016 Jan-Feb;33(1):9-13.
Copyright (c) 2018 Klinicheskaia khirurgiia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.