Еfficacy of local application of antimicrobal preparations with the programmed access of antiseptic from the wound in patients with the burn trauma
Objective. To study dynamics of the cellular elements content and degree of microbial colonization (MC) of the burn wounds in acute period of the burn disease while application of antimicrobial composition (AMC) with programmed release of decametoxine.
Маtеrіаls and methods. Healing of the burn wounds of Degree ІІІ (3, 7, 14, 21-st day) was investigated cytologically (method of the wound imprints), microbiologically (quantitative, qualitative identification of microorganisms - МО). In the observation Group (n=32) the measures with programmed prolonged release of decametoxine were applied, and in the comparison Group (n=29) - povidone-iodine.
Results. A.baumannii, P. aeruginosa have colonized the burn wounds most frequently. Reduction of the wounds MC (14-th day - log 5.5 CFU (colony-forming unit)/ml; 21-st day - log 2.4 CFU/ml), early (3, 7-th day) increase of the phagocytic cells (p < 0.001), the marker’s regeneration (p < 0.05), and reduction of inflammatory component from 14-th day were established while application of the AMC. In the comparison Group a degenerative phagocytosis was determined on the 7-th day and prolongation of inflammatory component - on the 21-st day.
Conclusion. AMC application with programmed release of decametoxine reduces MC effectively, promotes acceleration of the wounds reparation.
2. Church D, Elsayed S, Reid O, Winston B, Lindsay R. Burn Wound Infections. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2006;Apr; 19(2): 403-34. doi: 10.1128/CMR.19.2.403-434.2006.
3. Yali G, Jing C, Chunjiang L, Cheng Z, Xiaoqiang L, Yizhi P. Comparison of pathogens and antibiotic resistance of burn patients in the burn ICU or in the common burn ward. Burns. 2014;May;40(3):402-7. doi: 10.1016/j.burns.2013.07.010.
4. Nahaychuk VI, Nazarchuk OA, Paliy IH, Burkot VM, Honchar OO. Do kharakterystyky suchasnykh uskladnen' u khvorykh z opikamy. Ukrayins'kyy medychnyy chasopys. 2014;103(5):123-6. Available from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/UMCh_2014_5_31
5. Rafla K, Tredget EE. Infection control in the burn unit. Burns. 2011 Feb;37(1):5-15. doi: 10.1016/j.burns.2009.06.198.
6. Nazarchuk OA, Nagaychuk VI Evaluation of the effectiveness of the use of decaetan, decamethoxin and its composition in patients with severe thermal. Annals of the Mechnikov Institute. 2015; 2: 184-90. Available from:http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ami_2015_2_35
Copyright (c) 2018 Klinicheskaia khirurgiia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.