New systemic approaches in treatment of coexistent damages of abdomen and extremities
Objective. Lowering of disability and lethality among patients with severe combined traumas (SCT) of abdomen and extremities, using a new progressive tactics of treatment.
Маterials and methods. Retrospective and prospective analysis of data concerning 1033 patients with SCT, who were treated in 2009 - 2015 yrs in Municipal Clinical Hospital N 3 of City of Baku, was conducted. Aiming at conduction of comparative analysis of the treatment methods the patients were divided into two groups. The patients, who were treated in 2009 - 2010 yrs in accordance to standard scheme, have constituted a comparison group, while those, to whom the treatment was conducted in 2011 - 2015 yrs in accordance to principally new scheme, - a main group. In total there were 216 patients, suffering SCT, of them 171 were included into the main group, and 45 – into comparison group. The severity degree of the injuries in patients of the main group was estimated in accordance to AİS (Abbreviated İnjury Scale) and İSS (İnjury Severity Scale) scales and to them a medical help was given, taking into account a «damage control» principle.
Results. In 52.1% patients of the main group with SCT of abdomen and extremities, who were treated, taking into account a «damage control» principle and with application of a programmed multistaged surgical tactic (МST), in subcompensation of traumatic disease a lethality have constituted 16%, in a comparison group – 44.4%, and in a decompensation – accordingly, 51.6 and 89.7%.
Conclusion. The results obtained with МST in SCT of abdomen and extremities trusts its obvious advantages.
2. Afaunov AI, Aufanov AA, Blazhenko AN, et al. Analysis of groups of patients with multiple pelvic injuries and fractures of other localizations. In: Treatment of combined injuries and diseases of the limbs. Moskva, 2003; 28. [In Russian]
3. Dyatlov MM. Complicated pelvic injuries. What should I do? The manual for doctors and students. Homel: Homel. state honey Un-t., 2006; 494 s. [In Russian].
4. Afaunov AI, Blazhenko AN. Treatment of fractures and ruptures of the pelvic ring by external fixation devices on the basis of ankerno-spitsovogo capture of pelvic bones. In: Diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with injuries of pelvic bones. Ekaterinburg, 1996:7-9. [In Russian].
5. Blazhenko AN. Treatment of fractures and ruptures of the pelvic ring of the device-tamivnneshego fixation on the basis of the principle of an anchor-spinal fixation of the bone. [thesis]. Samara, 1999. 16 p. [In Russian].
6. Bondarenko AV, Smaznev KV, Peleganchuk V. Apportunities of repositioning and fixing unstable injuries of the pelvis by external systems. In: Travmatology and Orthopedics: Modernity and Future. Moscow: Publishing House of the Peoples Friendship University, 2003:275. [In Russian].
7. Malanin DA, Bosco OYu. Methods for an objective assessment of the severity of injuries and their practical application. Methodological recommendations. Volgograd, 2008, 15 p. [In Russian].
8. Sokolov VA. Mnozhestvennye and combined injuries. Moscow: "GEOTAR-Media", 2006, 512 p. [In Russian].
Copyright (c) 2018 TOV "Liga-inform"
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.