Postoperative hemorrhages in thyroidal surgery
Objective. Analysis of the risk factors and causes of the hemorrhage occurrence during performance of operations on thyroid glands (THG) and elaboration of methods of surgical hemostasis.
Маterials and methods. A detailed analysis was conducted, concerning 89 patients, оperated for the THG pathology, in whom postoperative hemorrhage have occurred.
Results. Total rate of the hemorrhage occurrence have constituted 0.49%: in women - 0.35%, and in men - 1.21%. Average age of the patients was (42.3 ± 0.2) yrs. The hemorrhage occurrence rate have depended on volume of operative intervention. After performance of thyroidectomy the hemorrhage occurrence rate is enhanced - 50.56%, or in 1,6 times, comparing with the organ-preserving operations - 30.33%.
Conclusion. Application of modern technologies of hemostasis, medicinal correction of the fibrinolysis disorders makes possible to minimize the development risk for postoperative complications and to shorten the patients’ treatment duration.
2. Zinych PP, Kovalenko AE, Omel’chuk AV, Kolljuh OG, Lysenko AG. Sovremennye strategi vypolnenija operativnih vmeshatel’stv na shhitovidnoj zheleze. Endokrinologіja. 2012;17(1):19-25. [In Russian].
3. Dralle H. Hämostatische Instrumente Bei Schilddrüsenoperationen. Chirurg. 2014; 85(2):151. doi: 10.1007/s00104-013-2691-9.
4. Christakis IA, Potylchansky E, Silva AM, Nates JP, Prieto PA, Graham PH, et al. Cervical hematoma following an endocrine surgical procedure: The MD Anderson experience. Surgery. 2016 Aug;160(2):377-83. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2016.02.024.
5. Weiss A, Lee KC, Brumund KT, Chang DC, Bouvet M. Risk factors for hematoma after thyroidectomy: results from the nationwide inpatient sample. Surgery. 2014 Aug;156(2):399-404. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2014.03.015.
6. Liu J, Sun W, Dong W, Wang Z, Zhang P, Zhang T, Zhang H. Risk factors for post-thyroidectomy haemorrhage: a meta-analysis. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017 May;176(5):591-602. doi: 10.1530/EJE-16-0757..
7. Suzuki S, Yasunaga H, Matsui H, Fushimi K, Saito Y, Yamasoba T. Factors associated with neck hematoma after thyroidectomy: A retrospective analysis using a japanese inpatient database. Medicine: Baltimore; 2016 Feb;95(7):2812. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000002812.
8. Swirta JS, Barczyński M. Haemorrhage after thyroid surgery. Przegl Lek. 2014;71(2):82-5. PMID:25016781.
9. Promberger R, Ott J, Kober F, Koppitsch C, Seemann R, Freissmuth M, Hermann M. Risk factors for postoperative bleeding after thyroid surgery. Br J Surg. 2012 Mar;99(3):373-9. doi: 10.1002/bjs.7824.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.