Combined application of cryosurgical method and chemical destruction in complex treatment of patients with focal hepatic pathology
Objective. To estimate the efficacy of combined application of cryosurgical method and chemical destruction, using 10% solution of calcium chloride in complex treatment of patients, suffering focal hepatic pathology (FHP).
Маterials and methods. Results of application of local methods of destruction in a content of complex treatment of 316 patients with FHP were analyzed.
Results. Trustworthy difference between the groups of the patients investigated in accordance to rate, structure, severity of specific complications, lethality was not revealed (p > 0.05). After combined application of cryosurgical method and chemical destruction the rate of complete and partial answers of tumoral foci towards the treatment have been trustworthily enhanced, the rate of local recurrence, the process stabilization and progress - diminished (p < 0.05), and the rate of conversion towards resectability enhanced (p < 0.05).
Conclusion. Combined application of cryodestruction and chemical ablation constitutes a secure and effective method, which give possibility to improve the results of treatment in patients with FHP trustworthily.
2. Smirnov LYu. Metody likuvannia nerezektabelnykh metastaziv zlo- iakisnykh pukhlyn u pechintsi. Zaporozhskyi medytsynskyi zhumal. 2009;11(3): 67-71. [In Ukrainian].
3. He L, Niu L, Korpan NN, Sumida S, Xiao Y, Li J, et al. Clinical Prac¬tice Guidelines for Cryosurgery of Pancreatic Cancer: A Consensus Statement From the China Cooperative Group of Cryosurgery on Pan¬creatic Cancer, International Society of Cryosurgery, and Asian Soci¬ety of Cryosurgery. Pancreas. 2017 Sep;46(8):967-72. doi: 10.1097/ MPA.0000000000000878.
4. Dronov AI, Kovalskaya IA, Zemskov SV, Bakunets PP, Dobush RD, Kozachuk YeS, Khomenko DI. Opyt primenenija kriohirurgicheskogo metoda v kompleksnom lechenii pacientov z ochagovoj patologiej pecheni. Hirurgija. Vostochnaja Evropa. 2018;7(1):8-12. [In Russian].
5. Dronov OI, Khomenko DI, Bakunets PP, Teteryna VV. Temperature changes during cryoeffect potentiated with distilled water assessed in por¬cine liver model without splanchnic blood flow. Probl Cryobiol Cryomed, 2017;27(4):348-55. doi: 10.15407/cryo27.04. [In Ukrainian].
6. Dronov AI, Kovalskaya IA, Khomenko DI, Zharkov AY, Leshchenko VM, Krutko OA, Kozachuk YeS. Termometrija processa lokal’nogo krio- vozdejstvijav biologicheskoj tkani na diskretnyh glubinah: razrabotka kompleksa izmeritel’nogo intraoperacionnogo termopamogo chetyre- hkanal’nogo (KIIT-4). Hirurgija. Vostochnaja Cvropa. 2018;7(1):21–7 [In Russian].
7. Shafranov VV, Borkhunova EN, Kostylev MA, Tsyganov DI, Torba AM, Taganov AV, Mezhov LP, Kalmykova ZV. Mehanizmy razrushenija biologicheskih tkanej pri lokal’nom kriovozdejstvii.Vestnik RAEN. 2012;(l):68-77. [In Russian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.