Emergency states in military men with surgical armed trauma
Objective. Investigation of actual urgent states in the wounded military men and substantiation of necessity for application of the adopted algorithms and protocols of NATO for organization of surgical aid in medical supply of the troops.
Materials and methods. The histories of diseases data in military men were investigated, who were treated in National Military-Medical Clinical Center «Principal Military Clinical Hospital», using statistical, bibliographic, prospective and retrospective methods of analysis.
Results. The main emergency states in military men, demanding medical help in accordance to modern algorithms and standards, were established by the investigation. The emergency states structure in military men were analyzed, comparing indices before and after beginning of the armed conflict in Ukraine. There was proved, that the military men quantity, admitted to hospital in a severe and extremely severe state, after beginning of the armed conflict, have enhanced by 48% due to the armed surgical trauma.
Conclusion. Actual priorities on prehostital stage of the emergency states for the wounded military men were determined. For improvement of the surgical aid organization to wounded military men it is necessary to elaborate and introduce the modern algorithms and protocols in accordance to NATO standards.
2. Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy. Pro rishennia Rady natsionalnoi bezpeky i oborony Ukrainy. Pro novu redaktsiiu Voiennoi doktryny Ukrainy [Internet]. 2015 Sap 24; 555. [cited 2015 Sap 24]. Available from: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/555/2015. [In Ukrainian].
3. Verba AV. Stan ta problemni pytannia medychnoho zabezpechennia v zoni provedennia antyterorystychnoi operatsii v rizni periody. Medychne zabezpechennia antyterorystychnoi operatsii: naukovo-orhanizatsiini ta medyko-sotsialni aspekty. 2016;45:15-27. [In Ukrainian].
4. Badiuk MI, Mykyta OO, Shvets AV, Sereda IK, Kovyda DV, et al. Analiz roboty medychnoi sluzhby shchodo priorytetnykh napriamkiv rozrobky ta vprovadzhennia standartiv medychnoho zabezpechennia Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy na osoblyvyi period. Problemy viiskovoi okhorony zdorovia. 2016;45:9-16. [In Ukrainian].
5. Badiuk MI, Kovyda DV. Spromozhnist svoiechasnoho nadannia medychnoi dopomohy na etapakh medychnoi evakuatsii taktychnykh pidrozdiliv sukhoputnykh viisk. Problemy viiskovoi okhorony zdorovia. 2013;37:11-5. [in Ukrainian].
6. AJP-4.10(A). Allied joint medical support doctrine, 2006. Reference of decision for release: NSA(MED)0562(2011)1/MedSB dated 2011 May 30): 98 p.
7. Patel TH, Wenner KA, Price SA, Weber MA, Leveridge A, McAtee SJ. A U.S. Army Forward Surgical Team's experience in Operation Iraqi Freedom. J Trauma. 2004 Aug;57(2):201-7. PMID: 15345962.
8. Counihan TC, Danielson PD. The 912th forward surgical team in Operation New Dawn: employment of the forward surgical team during troop withdrawal under combat conditions. Mil Med. 2012 Nov; 177(11): 1267-71. PMID: 23198500.
9. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy. Pro zatverdzhennia polozhennia pro Ministerstvo okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy [Internet]. 2015 March 25;267. [updated 2018 Jan 10]. Available from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/267-2015-p. [In Ukrainian].
10. NATO STANAG 2549 - AMedP-24: Emergency care in the operational environment. 2011; 348 p.
11. Department of the Army Washington. FM 4-02.25 (FM 8-10-25). Employment of forward surgical teams. Tactics, techniques, and procedures. [Internet]. 2003 March 28. Available from: https://archive.org/stream/ost-military-doctrine-fm4_02x25/fm4_02x25_djvu.txt.
12. Badiuk MI, editor. Ekstrena medychna dopomoha viiskovosluzhbovtsiam na dohospitalnomu etapi v umovakh zbroinykh konfliktiv. Kyiv: SPD Chalchynska N.V.; 2018. 204 p. [In Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.