Аnalysis of immediate results of endovascular endoprosthesis of infrarenal aorta and treatment of perioperative complications
Objective. The results of endovascular endoprosthesis of infrarenal aorta and perioperative complications, depending on the construction type of a stent-graft.
Маterials and methods. The work was based on the results of treatment analysis in 133 patients, conducted in period from November 2005 tо November 2018 yr in endovascular department of the Institute. Bifurcation endoprostheses «Excluder» Gore, owing infrarenal fixation, were implanted in 85 (63.9%) patients (Group I). From November 2013 yr to 48 (36.1%) patients the endoprostheses of a new generation «Endurant-II» Medtronic with additional metallic structure, guaranteeing suprarenal fixation (Group II), were implanted.
Results. Basing on analysis of immediate results of treatment there was postulated, that from 133 patients no one died and in no one the life-threatening morbidity have occurred in a case of individual selection of endoprosthesis done in accordance to the aneurysm anatomy present. Теchnically successful implantation was in 98.8% patients of Group I and in 100% patients of the Group II. The reoperation rate in immediate postoperative period have constituted 2.25%.
Conclusion. Stent-grafts of last generation, which may be applied in patients with complex anatomy of infrarenal aorta, guarantee a significant lowering of a blood loss due to the improved delivering system used. Теchnical success and the operation duration depend on not only the endoprosthesis type, but as well as on operator experience – a general one and while application of a certain model.
2. Antoniou GA, Georgiadis GS, Antoniou SA, Neequaye S, Brennan JA, Torella F, et al. Late Rupture of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm After Previous Endovascular Repair: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. J Endovasc Ther. 2015 Oct;22(5):734-44. doi: 10.1177/1526602815601405.
3. Gandhi R, Bryce Y, Ganguli S, McWilliams J, Vatakencherry G. Management of Type II Endoleaks. [Internet]. Endovascular Today. 2016;15(4): 42-8. Available at: https://evtoday.com/pdfs/et0416_F7_Gandhi.pdf.
4. Huh U, Lee CW, Chung SW, Kim S, Song S, Bae M, et al. Risk factors of secondary intervention for type II endoleaks in endovascular aneurysm repair: An 8-year single institution study. Asian J Surg. 2017 Dec 14. pii: S1015-9584(17)30389-5. doi: 10.1016/j.asjsur.2017.10.003.
5. Eng ML, Brewer MB, Rowe VL, Weaver FA. Treatment options for late type III endoleaks after endovascular aneurysm repair. Ann Vasc Surg. 2015 Apr;29(3):594.e5-9. doi: 10.1016/j.avsg.2014.10.032.
6. Corriere MA, Feurer ID, Becker SY, Dattilo JB, Passman MA, Guzman RJ, et al. Endoleak Following Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair. Ann Surg. 2004 Jun;239(6):800–7. PMID:15166959 PMC1356288.
7. Elkouri S, Gloviczki P, McKusick MA, Panneton JM, Andrews J, Bower TC, et al. Perioperative complications and early outcome after endovascular and open surgical repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 2004 Mar;39(3):497-505. doi:10.1016/j.jvs.2003.10.018.
8. Grande W, Stavropoulos SW. Treatment of Complications Following Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms.Semin Intervent Radiol. 2006 Jun;23(2):156–64. doi:10.1055/s-2006-941446.
9. Hiramoto JS, Chang CK, Reilly LM, Schneider DB, Rapp JH, Chuter TA. Outcome of renal stenting for renal artery coverage during endovascular aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg 2009;49:1100-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2008.11.060.
10. Ignatyev IM, Volodyukhin MYu, Zanochkin AV, Gizatullina NF, Rafikov AYu. Endoprosthetic repair of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, complicated by ischaemic necrosis of the sigmoid colon. 2016;22(4):159-62. PMID: 27935896.
11. Giles KA, Landon BE, Cotterill P, O’Malley AJ, Pomposelli FB, Schermerhorn ML. Thirty-day mortality and late survival with reinterventions and readmissions after open and endovascular aortic aneurysm repair in Medicare beneficiaries. J Vasc Surg 2011;53:6-12. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2010.08.051.
12. Pitoulias GA, Valdivia AR, Hahtapornsawan S, Torsello G, Pitoulias AG, Austermann M, et al. Conical neck is strongly associated with proximal failure in standard endovascular aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg. 2017 Dec; 66(6):1686-95. Epub 2017 Jun 2. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2017.03.440.
13. Goncalves FB, Hoeks SE, Teijink JA, Moll FL, Castro JA, Stolker RJ, et al. Risk factors for proximal neck complications after endovascular aneurysm repair using the endurant stentgraft. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015 Feb;49(2):156–62. doi: 10.1016/j.ejvs.2014.10.003.
14. Gargiulo M, Gallitto E, Wattez H, Verzini F, Bianchini Massoni C, Loschi D, et al. Outcomes of endovascular aneurysm repair performed in abdominal aortic aneurysms with large infrarenal necks. J Vasc Surg. 2017 Oct;66(4):1065-72. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2017.01.066.
15. Kouvelos GN, Oikonomou K, Antoniou GA, Verhoeven EL, Katsargyris A. A Systematic Review of Proximal Neck Dilatation After Endovascular Repair for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. J Endovasc Ther. 2017 Feb;24(1):59-67. doi: 10.1177/1526602816673325.
16. Litwinski RA, Donayre CE, Chow SL, Song TK, Kopchok G, Walot I, et al. The role of aortic neck dilatation and elongation in the etiology of stent graft migration after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair with a passive fixation device. J Vasc Surg. 2006 Dec;44(6):1176–81. doi:10.1016/j.jvs.2006.08.028.
17. Gallitto E, Gargiulo M, Freyrie A, Bianchini Massoni C, Pini R, Mascoli C, et al. Results of standard suprarenal fixation endografts for abdominal aortic aneurysms with neck length ≤10 mm in high-risk patients unfit for open repair and fenestrated endograft. J Vasc Surg. 2016 Sep;64(3):563-70.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2016.02.018.
18. Maleux G, Koolen M, Heye S. Complications after Endovascular Aneurysm Repair. Semin Intervent Radiol. 2009 Mar;26(1):3–9. doi: 10.1055/s-0029-1208377.
19. Wu H, Liangb PC, Huang SC. The Significance of Endograft Geometry on the Incidence of Intraprosthetic Thrombus Deposits after Abdominal endovascular Grafting. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2009 Dec;38(6):741-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ejvs.2009.09.004.
20. Bartoli MA, Thevenin B, Sarlon G, Giorgi R, Albertini JN, Lerussi G, et al. Secondary procedures after infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms endovascular repair with second-generation endografts. Ann Vasc Surg. 2012 Feb;26(2):166-74. doi: 10.1016/j.avsg.2011.02.047.
21. Jessula S, Herman CR, Lee M, Lightfoot CB, Casey P. Salvage of bilateral renal artery occlusion after endovascular aneurysm repair with open splenorenal bypass. J Vasc Surg Cases Innov Tech. 2017 Sep;3(3):163–166. doi: 10.1016/j.jvscit.2017.04.001.
22. Hamish M, Geroulakos G, Hughes DA, Moser S, Shepherd A, Salama AD. Delayed hepato-spleno-renal bypass for renal salvage following malposition of an infrarenal aortic stent-graft. J Endovasc Ther. 2010 Jun;17(3):326-31. doi: 10.1583/09-3011.1.
23. Galiñanes EL, HernandezVila EA, Krajcer Z. Innovative Chimney-Graft Technique for Endovascular Repair of a Pararenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Tex Heart Inst J. 2015 Feb;42(1):35-9. doi: 10.14503/THIJ-14-4341.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.