The issues of the surgical treatment radicalism in surgical treatment of the heart malignancies
Objective. To determine the methods of diagnosis and surgical treatment, directed on maximally radical extirpation of the heart malignancy.
Маterials and methods. The treatment of 912 patients, suffering tumors of the heart, was conducted in National Institute of Cardio-Vascular Surgery named after N. М. Аmosov NAMS of Ukraine in 1970 - 01.01.2018 yr, including 63 (6.9%) patients, suffering the heart malignancies of various kinds and localizations.
Results. The operations were performed in 62 patients, of them in 51 (82.3%) - using artificial blood circulation. Hospital lethality in surgical treatment of the heart malignancies have constituted 22.6% (14 patients died). In 20 (32.3%) patients, in whom a conditionally radical cardio-surgical interventions, using artificial blood circulation, was done a good hemodynamic effect was noted.
Conclusion. For achievement of a conditional radicalism of the operation and maximal hemodynamical effect in some observations the application of the extended procedures for the heart structures damaged in combination with active desintoxication therapy and urgent chemotherapy are mandatory.
2. Knyshov GV, Vitovskij RM, Zaharova VP. Opuholi serdca. Kyev: Presa Ukrainy; 2005. 256 p. [In Russian].
3. Yin L, He D, Shen H, Ling X, Li W, Xue Q, Wang Z. Surgical treatment of cardiac tumors: a 5-yearexperience from a singlecardiac center. J Thorac Dis. 2016 May;8(5):911-9.doi: 10.21037/jtd.2016.03.87.
4. Oliveira GH1, A-Kindi SG, Hoimes C, Park SJ. Characteristics and Survival of Malignant Cardiac Tumors: A 40-Year Analysis of >500 Patients. Circulation. 2015 Dec 22;132(25):2395-402. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.016418.
5. Burke A, Tavora F.The 2015 WHO Classification of Tumors of the Heart and Pericardium.J Thorac Oncol. 2016 Apr;11(4):441-52. doi:10.1016/j.jtho.2015.11.009.
6. Hudzik B, Miszalski-Jamka K, Glowacki J, Lekston A, Gierlotka M, Zembala M, et al. Malignant tumors of the heart. Cancer Epidemiol. 2015 Oct;39(5):665-72. doi: 10.1016/j.canep.2015.07.007.
7. Mkalaluh S, Szczechowicz M, Torabi S, Schmack B, Sabashnikov A, Dib B, et al. Surgical Treatment of Cardiac Tumors: Insights from an 18-Year Single-Center Analysis. Med Sci Monit. 2017 Dec 31;23:6201-6209. PMID: 29289957.
8. Lestuzzi C, De Paoli A, Baresic T, Miolo G, Buonadonna A. Malignant cardiac tumors: diagnosis and treatment. Future Cardiol. 2015 Jul;11(4):485-500. doi: 10.2217/fca.15.10.
9. Yanagawa B, Mazine A, Chan EY, Barker CM, Gritti M, Reul RM, et al. Surgery for Tumors of the Heart. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018 Sep 8. pii: S1043-0679(18)30177-1. doi: 10.1053/j.semtcvs.2018.09.001.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.