Peculiarities of diagnosis and complex treatment of arterio-venous forms of the inborn vascular malformations of the extremities
Objective. Improvement of the treatment results in the patients, suffering arterio-venous inborn vascular malformations (АVIVМ) of the extremities, basing on elaboration of differentiated algorithms of diagnosis and treatment.
Маterials and methods. The investigation is based on data of complex clinical investigations and results of surgical treatment in 155 patients, suffering AVIVM of the extremities. A follow-up duration have constituted 1 mo - 10 yrs. There were 65 (42%) men, and 90 (58%) women, while the men to women ratio - 1: 1.4. Average age of the patients have constituted (25.1 ± 10.4) yr. There were 53 (34%) patients, ageing up to 18 yrs old (a pediatric age Group). Clinical material was analyzed, depending on clinic-anatomic forms of the disease. The patients were distributed into 11 Groups, basing on the working classification scheme «VASC + Т».
Results. Elaboration of a classification scheme of the inborn vascular malformations made it possible to improve the plan formation for diagnosis and the staged treatment of the patients due to elaborated algorithms, depending on clinic-anatomical form of the disease. Elimination of development of serious postoperative complications was achieved due to application of a staged complex approach, using embolic, endovenous and surgical procedures.
Conclusion. Introduction of the tactics elaborated have resulted in achievement of satisfactory outcomes of treatment in 136 (94.4%) patients.
2. Banzic I, Brankovic M, Maksimović Ž, Davidović L, Marković M, Rančić Z. Parkes Weber syndrome-Diagnostic and management paradigms: A systematic review. Phlebology. 2017 Jul;32(6):371-383. doi: 10.1177/0268355516664212.
3. Boon LM1, Ballieux F, Vikkula M. Pathogenesis of vascular anomalies. Clin Plast Surg. 2011 Jan;38(1):7-19. doi: 10.1016/j.cps.2010.08.012.
4. Mulligan PR, Prajapati HJ, Martin LG, Patel TH. Vascular anomalies: classification, imaging characteristics and implications for interventional radiology treatment approaches. Br J Radiol. 2014 Mar;87(1035):20130392. doi: 10.1259/bjr.20130392.
5. Cox JA, Bartlett E, Lee EI. Vascular malformations: a review. Semin Plast Surg. 2014 May;28(2):58-63. doi: 10.1055/s-0034-1376263.
6. Duffy K. Genetics and syndromes associated with vascular malformations. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2010 Oct;57(5):1111-20. doi: 10.1016/j.pcl.2010.07.001.
7. Revencu N, Boon LM, Mendola A, Cordisco MR, Dubois J, Clapuyt P, et al. RASA1 mutations and associated phenotypes in 68 families with capillary malformation-arteriovenous malformation. Hum Mutat. 2013 Dec;34(12):1632-41. doi: 10.1002/humu.22431.
8. Guillet A, Connault J, Perrot P, Perret C, Herbreteau D, Berton M, et al. Early symptoms and long-term clinical outcomes of distal limb's cutaneous arterio-venous malformations: a retrospective multicentre study of 19 adult patients. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2016 Jan;30(1):36-40. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12961.
9. Madani H, Farrant J, Chhaya N, Anwar I, Marmery H, Platts A, et. al. Peripheral limb vascular malformations: an update of appropriate imaging and treatment options of a challenging condition. Br J Radiol. 2015 Mar;88(1047):20140406. doi: 10.1259/bjr.20140406.
10. Lee BB. Changing Concept on Vascular Malformation: No Longer Enigma. Ann. Vasc. Dis. 2008; 1(1): 11-9. doi 10.3400/avd.AVDsc00207
11. Garzon MC, Weitz N, Powell J. Vascular anomalies: differential diagnosis and mimickers. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2016 Sep;35(3):170-6. doi: 10.12788/j.sder.2016.052.
12. Nosher JL, Murillo PG, Liszewski M, Gendel V, Gribbin CE. Vascular anomalies: A pictorial review of nomenclature, diagnosis and treatment. World J Radiol. 2014 Sep 28;6(9):677-92. doi: 10.4329/wjr.v6.i9.677.
13. Yakes WF. Yakes’ AVM classification system. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radioigy. [Internet]. 2015 2017 [cited 2019 Jan 10]; 26(2, Suppl):S224. Available from: https://www.jvir.org/article/S1051-0443(14)01833-8/abstract. doi: 10.1016/j.jvir.2014.12.596
14. Kapadia SR, Thakore VM, Patel HM. Vascular malformations: An update on classification, clinical features, and management principles. Indian J Vasc Endovasc Surg [serial online] 2017 [cited 2019 Jan 10];4:152-62. Available from: http://www.indjvascsurg.org/text.asp?2017/4/4/152/217457. doi:10.4103/ijves.ijves_57_17.
15. Lee BB, Antignani PL, Baraldini V, Baumgartner I, Berlien P, Blei F, et al. ISVI-IUA consensus document diagnostic guidelines of vascular anomalies: vascular malformations and hemangiomas. Int Angiol.; 2015; Aug; 34(4): p. 333-74. PMID: 25284469.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.