Cosmetic effect of the wounds healing after surgical treatment of goiter
Objective. Estimation of the postoperative wound healing and cosmetic result of operative treatment in patients with various kinds of goiter.
Маterials and methods. Results of surgical treatment of 2376 patients, suffering various forms of goiter, were analyzed. From 1973 tо 1999 yr 1690 patients were operated (first period of investigation), and from 2000 tо 2018 yr - 686 patients (second period of investigation). There were estimated the character of the wound healing while stationary treatment of patients, and a definite cosmetic effect during 6 - 12 mo after performance of operative intervention.
Results. The features of operative technique, needed for achievement of fine cosmetic effect, were determined. There were proposed and introduced the anatomically oriented accesses, original procedures for the thyroid gland (THG) exposition, draining and closure of the wound after total or partial resection of THG for guaranteeing of its noncomplicated healing and favorable definite cosmetic result.
Conclusion. Character of surgical approach depends on anatomical data and demands for cosmetic surgery. Еxtrafascial procedure of partial or total resection of THG enhances the operation radicalism, promotes hemostasis and noncomplicated healing of the wound. The access, proposed by the authors, meets all needs of surgical treatment of this pathology.
2. Yermakova TV, Deikalo IM, Shydlouski AV. Surgical treatment of thyroid disease with the use of technology LigaSure. Clinical Endocrinology And Endocrine Surgery. 2015 May.2015;(2):37-40. https://doi.org/10.24026/1818-1384.2(50).2015.74914. [In Ukrainian].
3. Larin OS. Standartyzatsiia pidkhodiv do likuvannia vuzlovoho zobu na osnovi patohenetychno dotsilnykh ta efektyvnykh metodiv – vymoha chasu u suchasnii endokrynolohii. Clinical Endocrinology And Endocrine Surgery. 2002;(3):109 16. [In Ukrainian].
4. Cherenko SM. Shliakhy poperedzhennia spetsyfichnykh uskladnen u khirurhii shchytopodibnoi ta pry shchytopodibnoi zaloz. Clinical Endocrinology And Endocrine Surgery. 2006;(4):5-6. [In Ukrainian].
5. Hegedu?s L, Bonnema SJ, Bennedb?k FN. Management of Simple Nodular Goiter: Current Status and Future Perspectives. Endocr Rev. 2003 Feb;24(1):102-32.
6. Palamarchuk VA, Cherenko SM, Laryn AS. Profylaktyka spetsyfycheskykh khyrurhycheskykh oslozhnenyi pry lechenyy dyffuznoho toksycheskoho zoba. Problemi Endokrinnoi Patologii. 2003;(2):47-51. [In Russian].
7. Gharib H, Papini E, Garber JR, Duick DS, Harrell RM, Laszlo Hegedus L, et al. American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists, American College Of Endocrinology, And Associazione Medici Endocrinologi Medical Guidelines For Clinical Practice For The Diagnosis And Management Of Thyroid Nodules-2016 Update. Endocr Pract. 2016 May;22(5):622-39.
8. Braverman LI. Bolezni shhitovidnoj zhelezy. Perevod s anglijskogo. Moskva: Medicina; 2000. 417 p. [In Russian].
9. Cherenko MP. Oslozhnenija pri operacijah na shhitovidnoj zheleze. Kiev: «Zdorovia»; 1977. 110 p. [In Russian].
10. Liulka AN, Liahovskii VI, Kovalev AP. Prichiny neudovletvoritel'nyh kosmetichesikh rezultatov posle operacij po povodu zoba. Klin khir. 2012 Lyst; (11):22. [In Russian].
11. Kovalov OP, Liulka OM, Liakhovskyi VI, Kulyk OV, vynakhidnyky; VDNZU "UMSA", patentovlasnyk. Sposib drenuvannia pisliaoperatsiinoi rany pry operatsiiakh z pryvodu zoba. Patent Ukainy No 63286. 2011 Zhov 10. [In Ukrainian].
Copyright (c) 2019 Liga-Inform
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.