Connection of markers of the myocardium injury and indices of the oxygen budget with parameters of hemodynamics in patients, suffering insufficiency of a mitral valve
Objective. Studying of initial level of markers of the myocardium damage (МMD), indices of the oxygen budget and their link with the hemodynamics parameters in patients with the mitral valve insufficiency (MVI).
Маterials and methods. There were examined 85 patients, suffering the MVI, who while admittance to hospital were distributed into two groups with subsequent performance of operation of the mitral valve prosthesis. While hospitalization the МMD levels and the oxygen budget indices were measured, also the correlation analysis was conducted for the data and the indices obtained concerning the global longitudinal deformity (GLD) of myocardium, ejection fraction of left ventricle, and cardiaс index.
Results. In both groups of the patients examined a strong connection between indices of natriuretic peptide and GLD of myocardium was revealed, and between the indices of natriuretic peptide and the ejection fraction of left ventricle - a significant connection. The levels of alaninaminotransferase and аspartataminotransferase, of creatinephosphatase and МВ-fraction of creatinephosphokinase were closely correlated with the GLD values. At the same time, any connection between the GLD index and the ratio of MB-fraction of creatinephosphatase towards creatinephosphokinase was not revealed.
Conclusion. In the patients, suffering MVI, there are no signs of myocardial damage, but more severe disorders of intracardial hemodynamics is parallel to possibility of development of myocardial damage in its overloading.
2. Radysh YaF, Pozhyvilova OV, Darchyn BS. Derzhavne upravlinnya systemoyu kardiolohichnoi dopomohy v Ukraini (za materialamy literaturnykh dzherel). Derzhavne upravlinnya: udoskonalennya ta rozvytok. 2011;5: Available from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Duur_2011_5_4 [In Ukrainian].
3. Chambers J, Ray S, Prendergast B, Graham T, Campbell B, Greenhalgh D, et al. Standards for heart valve surgery in a ‘Heart Valve Centre of Excellence’. Open Heart. 2015;2(1): e000216. doi: 10.1136/openhrt-2014-000216.
4. Hensley FA Jr, Martin DE, Gravlee GP. A Practical Approach to Cardiac Anesthesia. Moscow: Meditsinskoe informatsionnoe agentstvo; 2017. 1084 p. [In Russian].
5. Mor-Avi V, Lang RM, Badano LP, Belohlavek M, Cardim NM, Derumeaux G, et al. Current and evolving echocardiographic techniques for the quantitative evaluation of cardiac mechanics: ASE/EAE consensus statement on methodology and indications endorsed by the Japanese Society of Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2011;12(3):167-205. https://doi.org/10.1093/ejechocard/jer021.
6. Cha M, Kim H, Kim S, Park J, Cho G. Prognostic power of global 2d strain according to left ventricular ejection fraction in patients with st elevation myocardial infarction. PLoS One. 2017;12(3): e0174160. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0174160.
7. Kalam K, Otahal P, Marwick TH. Prognostic implications of global LV dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of global longitudinal strain and ejection fraction. Heart. 2014;100(21):1673-80. doi: 10.1136/heartjnl-2014-305538.
8. Russo C, Jin Z, Elkind MS, Rundek T, Homma S, Sacco RL, et al. Prevalence and prognostic value of subclinical left ventricular systolic dysfunction by global longitudinal strain in a community-based cohort. Eur J Heart Fail. 2014;16(12):1301-9. doi: 10.1002/ejhf.154.
9. Potter E, Marwick TH. Assessment of Left Ventricular Function by Echocardiography: The Case for Routinely Adding Global Longitudinal Strain to Ejection Fraction. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018;11(2 Pt 1):260-74. doi: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2017.11.017.
10. Jahania SM, Sengstock D, Vaitkevicius P, Andres A, Ito BR, Gottlieb RA, et al. Activation of the Homeostatic Intracellular Repair Response during Cardiac Surgery. J Am Coll Surg. 2013;216(4):719-29. doi:10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2012.12.034.
11. Antunes PE, Oliveira J, Prieto D, Coutinho GF, Correia P, Branco CF, et al. Coronary artery bypass surgery without cardioplegia: early results in 8515 patients. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49(3):918-25. doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezv177.
12. Hausenloy DJ, Boston-Grifiths E, Yellon DM. Cardioprotection during cardiac surgery. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;94(2):253-65. doi: 10.1093/cvr/cvs131.
13. Hystad ME, Geiran OR, Attramadal H, Spurkland A, Vege A, Simonsenet S, et al. Regional cardiac expression and concentration of natriuretic peptides in patients with severe chronic heart failure. Acta Phisiol Scand. 2001;171(4):395-403. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-201X.2001.00805.x
14. Vanderheyden M, Bartunek J, Goethals M. Brain and other natriuretic peptides: molecular aspects. Eur J Heart Failure. 2004;6(3):261-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejheart.2004.01.004.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.