Peculiarities of the hip joint endoprosthesis in patients with severe forms of the hip depression dysplasia and coxarthrosis on background of spondyloepiphysar dysplasia
Objective. To determine the approach for implantation of a hip joint endoprosthesis bowl in patients, suffering coxarthrosis on background of spondyloepiphysar dysplasia.
Маterials and methods. For determination of peculiarities in distribution of loadings in biomechanical system “аcetabular component - osseous tissue” a definitely-еlemental model was elaborated and mathematical modelling was accomplished, and, taking into account its results, a hip joint endoprosthesis was performed in 25 patients, suffering severe forms of the hip depression dysplasia and coxarthrosis on background of spondyloepiphysar dysplasia.
Results. In all the patients, suffering coxarthrosis on background of spondyloepiphysar dysplasia, in whom individualized technique for implantation of acetabular component of a hip joint endoprosthesis was applied, including the technique of medial shift of the endoprosthesis bowl, it was possible to avoid aseptic migration of the implant during 9 yrs of follow-up.
Conclusion. For secure fixation of acetabular component of a hip joint endoprosthesis a critical aspect is a preservation of osseous tissue in region of the hip depression perimeter, but not the osseous tissues integrity in its bottom, what makes possible to achieve a stable fixation of the implant, using its dosed medialization, even in patients, having severe forms of the hip depression dysplasia.
2. Schwarzkopf R. Modern Techniques in Total Hip Arthroplasty. Jaypee Brothers Medical Pub Ltd, 2014.190 p.
3. Kim SC, Lim YW, Kwon SY, Jo WL, Ju SH1, Park CJ, et al. Level of surgical experience is associated with change in hip center of rotation following cementless total hip arthroplasty: A radiographic assessment. PLoS One. 2017;12(5): e0178300. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0178300.
4. Kumar EGM, Kumar GMY, Noorudheen M. Challenges and outcome of total hip arthroplasty in patients with developmental dysplasia of the hip: a clinical series with a spectrum of disease manifestation and technical notes. Int J Res Orthop. 2018;4(2):333-41. doi: 10.18203/issn.2455-4510.IntJResOrthop20180689.
5. Baghdadi YM, Larson AN, Sierra RJ. Restoration of the hip center during THA performed for protrusio acetabuli is associated with better implant survival. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013;471(10):3251-9. doi: 10.1007/s11999-013-3072-x.
6. Bicanic G, Delimar D, Delimar M, Pecina M. Influence of the acetabular cup position on hip load during arthroplasty in hip dysplasia. International Orthopaedics (SICOT). 2009;33(2):397-402. doi: 10.1007/ s00 264-008-0683-z.
7. Kim YL, Nam KW, Yoo JJ, Kim YM, Kim HJ. Cotyloplasty in Cementless Total Hip Arthroplasty for an Insuffi cient Acetabulum. Clin Orthop Surg. 2010;2(3):148-53. doi: 10.4055/cios.2010.2.3.148.
8. Fokter S, editor. Recent Advances in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. In Tech, Published: 2012. doi: 10.5772/2423. ISBN: 978-953-307- 841-0.
9. Guzhevsky I, Solodei I. Estimation of stresses in the zone of the acetabular component of endoprosthesis of the hip joint. Management of Development of Complex Systems. 2018;(33):151-6. [In Ukrainian].
Copyright (c) 2019 Liga-Inform
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.