Judicial аspects of physician’s mistakes in surgical practice
Objective. Аnalysis of physicians’ mistakes and their forensic component, which determine the measure of criminal responsibility of surgeon-physician in a case of causing of harm to the patient’s health.
Маterials and methods. Меthodological background of the work was a systemic-structural and comparative analysis of physician’s mistakes in medical and legal аspects, substantiation of definitions of «physician’s mistake», «accident» and «professional crime». The provisions considered and conclusion formulated were based on broad regulatory, scientifically-theoretical and practical material.
Results. Mistakes in medical practice are fairly prevalent, even in the developed states of the world. Judicial practice, concerning this category of deals is generally not advertised, what not only negatively impacts on enhancement of quantity of physician’s mistakes, аs well as gives to physician possibility to feel confidence in their impunity. In Ukraine a professional activity of physician-surgeon is regulated by departmental Acts, standards and rules of the medical aid delivery, аs well as by certain articles of Criminal codex of Ukraine, in which are mentioned the peculiarities and specificity of medical professional activity with connected criminal responsibility, and only article 140 is addressed to any physician, including surgeon.
Conclusion. By our opinion, proposition of majority of specialties, based on actual and substantiated material in a field of medical legacy, concerns the necessity of recognition of a physician’s mistake as a judicial category and its introduction into actual legislation. So on, when physician’s mistake would be incorporated into regulatory-legal base of medical activity, the patients and physicians would have possibility to defend their selves adequately in court.
2. Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy № 6 «Pro rozvytok ta vdoskonalennia sudovo-medychnoi sluzhby Ukrainy» [Internet]. [onovleno 1995 sich. 17; tsytovano 2019 sich. 22]. Available from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0254-95. [In Ukrainian].
3. Antonov SV. Medychna pomylka: yurydychnyi aspekt. Medychne pravo. 2008;(10):94-6. [In Ukrainian].
4. Komarovskyi YuT. Metodolohichni osnovy pomylok. Klin khir. 1976;(9):52-62. [In Ukrainian].
5. Antonov SV. Likarska pomylka yak osoblyvyi kryterii pry vstanovlenni vyny medychnykh pratsivnykiv i tsyvilno-pravovi delikty. In: Derzhava i pravo: Zb. nauk. prats Inst. derzhavy i prava im. V. M. Kostenko NAN Ukrainy. 2002;18:224-9. [In Ukrainian].
6. Seniuta II. Medychne pravo: pravo liudyny na okhoronu zdorov’ia. Lviv: Astroliabiia; 2007. 224 s. [In Ukrainian].
7. Tsyvilnyi kodeks Ukrainy [Internet]. [onovleno 2003 sich. 16; tsytovano 2019 sich. 22]. Available from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/435-15. [In Ukrainian].
8. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro zakhyst prav spozhyvachiv» [Internet]. [onovleno 2019 sich. 01; tsytovano 2019 sich. 22]. Available from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1023-12. [In Ukrainian].
Copyright (c) 2019 Liga-Inform
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.